|Subject:||User's Guide For Chat Operators|
|Creation date:||9/4/09 12:05 PM|
|Last modified on:||9/4/09 12:05 PM|
Usage tips for chat operators
Following section demonstrates how to log in as a chat operator.
- The URL for the operator console is http://YourDomainName.com/chat , which is the address of your site followed by /chat (lowercase).
- This page will display a login screen when first loaded. Specify the email and password that is created for you by the site owner.
- Initially, you see only one tab: "Broadcast". This tab is used to exchange messages between other operators currently logged in.
- Your screen won't change until some visitor comes to your website and wants to chat with you. Once a visitor initiates a chat request, you will see a message displaying the name, email and location of the visitor.
- You must click the Accept button to connect.
- Once connected, you will see a new tab. Visitor's name appears in the tab title.
- To send a message, it is important you select the appropriate tab. This is particularly important when you are chatting with multiple individuals. Once the desired tab is selected, type your message in the edit box towards the bottom and either hit ENTER or click the Send button